April 3, 2008

Kirin Brewing Company - Ichiban

What: Kirin Brewing Company - Ichiban
Style: Japanese Rice Lager
Vessel: Pint Glass
Price: $6.00 (!)
Where: Omni Championsgate - Orlando
When: April 3, 2008
Rating: 5
Comments: I know, I know - I just said I would quit ordering beers from foreign countries, just because I was eating food from that country. Well, I lied. I decided to unwind by reading the paper, getting a beer and a sushi roll after I was done with all the activities for the day. I thought I was going to go to bed, but I decided I wasn't quite tired yet, and didn't want to be cooped up in my room. So the Japanese restaurant in the hotel is excellent. I remember being here three years ago with my wife and we had the "Zen Experience" and we really enjoyed it. I thought it would be a shame to be back and not stop by the place at least once.

Anyway, back to the beer. Having had all the options offered, except the Ichiban, I knew I had to breakdown and order it - you know, for the sake of having another blog entry. I'd say the beer was OK, but nothing I would recommend. Because it was on tap, it was better than it probably would have been out of a stale can or bottle. Have I said I'm over lagers yet?
Ratebeer Link: http://ratebeer.com/beer/kirin-ichiban/268/

No comments: