April 2, 2008

Florida Beer Co. - Key West Sunset Ale

What: Florida Beer Co. - Key West Sunset Ale
Style: American Amber
Vessel: Pint Glass
Price: $6.00 (!)
Where: Omni Championsgate - Orlando
When: April 2, 2008
Rating: 3
Comments: I decided to enjoy the beautiful FL weather and a cigar after our conference activities and dinner. I headed down to the sports bar in the hotel, and much to my surprise they had 8 - 10 beers on tap. One of them was the Key West Sunset Ale (although the bartender told me it was a pale ale). When I tried it, I thought there was no way it was a pale ale, but it was enjoyable. Now that I'm back in my room, researching the beer I find that it was most probably the Sunset Ale. Much to my surprise it was another offering from the Florida Beer Co. It was really quite enjoyable. If I could find distribution in Indy, I'd probably pick up a six pack every now and then to mix it up. What better than a good cigar, a good beer and beautiful weather?
Ratebeer Link: http://ratebeer.com/beer/key-west-sunset-ale/2828/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked it a lot as well and have only had it in Florida. I live in the Northeast and I can't seem to find it up here. At this point, maybe the beer and climate is a good reason to head to the sun belt for good.