November 4, 2008

Avery Anniversary Ale 14

What: Avery Brewing Company - 14th Anniversary Ale
Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale
Vessel: Tulip Glass
Price: $4.99 (22 oz)
Where: Home
When: November 4, 2008
Rating: 3
Comments: Wow! This beer has a ton of stuff going on! A lot of malt and a lot of tart fruit (not a tart apple, but maybe cherry?). It's a little boozy (although as it warms, it surprisingly is less apparent), but not too bad. This is super carbonated also - when I first poured it, there was a huge foam head, but it quickly disappeared. Also, this is a dark beer - darker than I expected - stout like dark. This is my first Avery beer and I'm glad I bought some others. It's a departure from the IPA, hop bomb stuff I normally drink, but I like it (especially for the price).
Ratebeer Link: yeah - you probably know about the problems at ratebeer - they're struggling a bit right now.

No comments: