April 19, 2008

Upland Brewing Company - Dragonfly IPA

What: Upland Brewing Company - Dragonfly IPA
Style: American IPA
Vessel: Pint Glass
Price: $5.50
Where: Weber Grill Restaurant
When: April 18, 2008
Rating: 4
Comments: We went to dinner with some friends we haven't seen in a while. They suggested Weber. We had only been there once and didn't think too highly of it, but thought we would give it another try. We won't be back. Mediocre, overpriced food. I was impressed that they had the Dragonfly on tap (and some other fairly unique beers for a chain), but that's not enough to go back. Our server was annoying and slow and a bit of a pest every time he visited the table.

Regardless, how was the beer? Well, I have had Dragonfly in a bottle before, but never from a tap. My impression of it hasn't changed. It was nice and smooth, but not nearly hoppy enough for an IPA. I have a special place in my heart for Upland (being an IU grad and wishing they were there when I was in school), but I just can't get behind this beer.
Ratebeer Link: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/upland-dragonfly-ipa/7942/

No comments: