March 31, 2008

Yuengling Brewery - Yuengling Traditional Lager

What: Yuengling Brewery - Yuengling Traditional Lager
Style: American Amber
Vessel: Pint Glass
Price: Not Sure (I didn't pay)
Where: Hooters Restaurant - Channelside (Tampa, FL)
When: March 31, 2008
Rating: 4
Comments: After the TB Lightning game, we decided to go get some food and one of the first places we ran into was this Hooters. I'm NOT a fan of the chain (overpriced, mediocre food) or the wings, but I wasn't in charge. I was pleasantly surprised to hear they had Yuengling on tap. I was first exposed to this beer when we were in Philadelphia for a wedding, last year. It's really a pretty good beer. I don't know that we can get it in Indy, but I'd mix in a six pack every now and then.
Ratebeer Link: http://ratebeer.com/beer/yuengling-traditional-lager/884/

4 comments:

Erik Huntoon said...

I love Yuengling, and no we unfortunately cannot get it in Indy. The reason it is available in Florida is because they have a second brewery there. I am actually going out east in a few weeks and will be stopping at the Yuengling brewery to take a tour. I also plan to bring some back with me. The lager is their most known variety, but they also have a great beer called Lord Chesterfield Ale, which is what I am going to pick up. My dad and I actually took a case of that to the Indy 500 a couple years back.. good times.

Fred said...

Generik420,

Glad to have you aboard! Thanks for the comments! I quickly checked your site out last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd love to hear how the brewery tour goes - I'm assuming you'll have a post on your site about it?

Erik Huntoon said...

No fear, I will definitely be writing up the entire East coast adventure. :-)

Matt said...

I wish it was easier to get in Chicago, I am so sick of Old Style and PBR