May 4, 2008

Three Floyd's Brewing Company - Behemoth Barley Wine

What: Three Floyd's Brewing Company - Behemoth Barley Wine
Style: American Barley Wine
Vessel: Tulip Glass
Price: $4.50 (ish - I didn't see a detailed receipt)
Where: Hot Shotz Gastropub
When: May 3, 2008
Rating: 2
Comments: I had time to grab a quick lunch, and decided I was close to Hot Shotz, so why not get a good beer with lunch. I had a great burger, and a great beer. I'm normally not a huge barley wine kind of guy, but I enjoyed this one. It didn't have an overpowering alcohol flavor and it was nice. I'd say give it a try. I wasn't going to until Chris, one of the owners, offered me a free taster of it (and a couple of other beers). That's the benefit of getting there before any crowd starts arriving. I really need to add this place into the rotation. They've got great food, beer and service.
Ratebeer Link:http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/three-floyds-behemoth-barleywine/6055/

No comments: