May 6, 2008

Left Hand Brewing Company - Warrior IPA

What: Left Hand Brewing Company - Warrior IPA
Style: American IPA
Vessel: Pint Glass
Price: $5.99 (22 oz. bottle)
Where: Home
When: May 6, 2008
Rating: 2
Comments: Before I started this blog I received two beers from Left Hand Brewing Company (Deep Cover and Sawtooth ESB) as part of the Beer of the Month club. I remembered them being pretty good and saw this IPA offering on a stock up trip to the store. This one is what I like out of an IPA - smooth, bitter, and not very sweet. The hop profile isn't very citrus-y, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I do tend to prefer more of a citrus hop flavor (i.e. Hopslam). I'll be adding this one to the rotation (assuming I can find six packs). I didn't notice this on the bottle, but evidently this is a wet hopped beer - probably the best one I've had (not that I've had all that many).
Ratebeer Link: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/left-hand-warrior-ipa/18691/

3 comments:

Erik Huntoon said...

Is that a 22oz bottle? Hopefully it is for $5.99. I wouldn't mind giving that a try as the name makes me wonder if it isn't Warrior hops being used.

Also, I am right with you in preferring the more citrusy hops out there.

Matt said...

What beer of the month club are you in? I was thinking about joining one. One that has Left Hand stuff, I am totally in.

Fred said...

Generik - sure was a 22 oz'er - sorry for the omission - thanks for the catch.

Matt - the BOM club is C&H Clubs USA - beermonthclub.com. Not sure how the wife chose this one, but it's a winner. I get beer every other month.