April 16, 2008

Stone Brewing Co. - 05.05.05 Vertical Epic Ale

What: Stone Brewing Co. - 05.05.05 Vertical Epic Ale
Type: Belgian Strong Dark Ale
Vessel:
Pint Glass
Price: $8.49 (23 oz.)
Where: Home
When: April 14, 2008
Rating: 4
Comments: I stumbled upon this beer at Crown Liquors up in Fishers (great store, by the way). I wasn't paying very close attention and just assumed this was the most current version of the Anniversary brew. Well, after I opened it I realized, nope - its from 2005. I decided to crack it open while doing some work (ya know, for the real job). Once it warmed up a bit, the flavors really developed. Unfortunately what also developed was a pretty strong alcohol flavor. It has the flavor of something that's been in a bourbon barrel. I'm normally not a fan of this type of beer, but this one is pretty decent.
Ratebeer Link: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/stone-050505-vertical-epic-ale/46629/

2 comments:

rodney said...

Do they have more of this up there? We're looking to fill out as many of the Vertical Epics as we can in our makeshift beer cellar.

Fred said...

Rodney,

They had several on the shelf when I was there a couple of weeks ago (I think it was 4/4 when we were there). They also had the 06/06/06 one, which I'll be posting a review of soon (hopefully). They were very helpful, so you might give them a call to see what they've got.

Good luck!