April 17, 2008

Possible Jungle Jim's Trip

A while back I thought I might need to take a day trip, for work, to Cincinnati. That got me thinking about stopping by Jungle Jim's (motivated by DIG-B's post about his trip). Now I'm not sure if the work trip is going to happen, but I can't shake the idea of heading down there to pick up some beer (especially beer we can't get here in Indy).

Frequent commenter Rodney also suggested The Party Source in Cincinnati, so I will probably try to stop there, also.

If I go, I'm going to pick up some Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye and some Victory Brewing Storm King Stout (thanks for the tip Matt). Any other suggestions?

5 comments:

Matt said...

Alesmith Yulesmith if they still have it, Alesmith IPA, and some tasty Great Lakes brews if you can find them.

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid or their Imperial Red Ale are are awesome, but may be hard to find there.

Erik Huntoon said...

Christian Moerlein is a Cincinnati brand that I would recommend giving a try. The dopplebock is pretty outstanding and the OTR (Over the Rhein) is very good too. Unfortunately you can't get any of it here. Ballantine Ale is another I would recommend, but you may need to cross over the river to Kentucky to get that. Great everyday session beer that used to be brewed in Ft. Wayne and now isn't even available in the state.

Haven't been to Jungle Jim's myself, but I have been to Party Source and it is indeed a worthy stop.

Matt said...

If you are getting Bear Republic try the Racer No 5 too. Its inexpensive and very good if you are into the hopness.

Never been to Jungle Jim's, but I hear great things. My annual Fathers Day trip to Cinnci I am going to hit this place up, fo sho.

Fred said...

All,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post an update when the trip is scheduled.

Anonymous said...

Just hit the Jungle on Saturday and they have a pretty good selection indeed. I would second generik420's comment on the Moerlein OTR Ale. I picked up some at Jim's at the suggestion of my wife's friend who is a native of Cincy. It is a very good IPA