April 9, 2008

Anyone been to Loon Lake Lodge?

So, I'm at work yesterday and end up going to lunch with a customer/business partner. There's a group of several of us going, and is typical of a group we have a hard time deciding where to go. An out of towner suggested that we go to Loon Lake Lodge (it's close to my office). I've only been there once or twice before, always for lunch in a business setting.

The food is pretty decent (and not horribly overpriced), but the setting is too kitschy for me - I mean, really mechanical animals that "roar" on a loop?

We left via the bar, and I don't think I'd ever been through it. Taking a quick look at the handles on the taps, it looked like they had 8 - 10 beers, and only 2 or 3 of them were macros (in the traditional sense). I saw at least 2 Bells taps. I haven't had a chance to stop by again to confirm what I saw, but does anyone out there have any experience with beer at this place?

I can get over the atmosphere if the beer list and prices are good. An added bonus was that it's non-smoking.

4 comments:

Josh Shanks said...

I've been there a few times. They have a pretty respectable bottle selection too, if I recall.

I remember having Shakespeare Stout and Dead Guy at a sitting once. I don't remember what the wife had, but it was something decent.

Fred said...

Thanks for the note (and visiting the blog)! I'll need to stop by after work and check out the selection and pricing.

Anonymous said...

They actually have 3 Bells. Two Hearted, Oberon, and Amber. Also, Upland Wheat, Abita Turbodog, and they usually have Spaten Oktoberfest seasonally.

Cheers!

Fred said...

Well, that additional information helps seal the deal. I'll be stopping by sometime in the near future. I'll report back.